Jack Daniel's Whiskey Glaze Cupcakes
So if you're anything like me, you have some sort of "signature" appetizer or dessert that you make for all your parties. For me, it's mini cupcakes. If you're coming to my house for a party, you know you will be getting some mini cupcakes with some cute cupcake toppers.
I do, however, cheat a little bit because I buy boxed cupcake mix.... don't judge me! I'm all about balance - I don't have time to make the actual cupcakes from scratch, but I do take the time to get creative with the frosting and toppings.
One of the simplest tricks I have for making your boxed cupcakes (and even frosting) look and taste completely homemade is making a whiskey glaze to drizzle on top! Whether you're throwing a manly party for your hubby or boyfriend or just having a cozy get together, these are always a big hit with the crowd. I've even had some people grabbing a spoon and eating the leftover drizzle right out of the pot!
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (I used this)
- 1/2 cup Jack Daniels Honey Whiskey
- 1 tbs unsalted butter (I used this)
- In a small sauce pot, over medium heat, whisk together all ingredients and bring to a boil for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool before drizzling on cupcakes.
- Once cooled, drizzle over cupcakes as desired and enjoy!
Pro Tip: If you have a near empty honey bottle, pour the cooled drizzle into the honey bottle and voila! Your personal whiskey glaze dispenser for easy drizzling! (I made the mistake of pouring into the honey bottle when it was still warm and the bottle melted/shrunk slightly from the heat, so learn from my mistake, make sure it's cooled!)